main image
Home  ::  Admissions & Financial Aid  ::  Financial Aid & Scholarships  
Types of Aid


Grants come from funding that does not have to be repaid. Federal financial aid types and amounts are determined by financial need, availability of funds, and academic performance. If you are eligible for federal student aid, Francis Tuttle will send you an award letter. Agency Funding comes from outside entities. You will want to coordinate with the agency to find out their eligibility requirements.

Francis Tuttle Scholarships

Scholarships come from funding that does not have to be repaid. If you are accepted, the person who provided the funding will send you an award letter.

Scholarships on the Internet

Scholarships come from funding that does not have to be repaid. If you are accepted, the Internet scholarship web site will send you an award letter.


As of July 1, 2013, Francis Tuttle is no longer participating in the Federal Direct Stafford Loan or Parent PLUS Loan programs.

If you borrowed student loans prior to July 1, 2013, please remember that you must complete your Exit Counseling here.

You may contact the FSA Student Loan Ombudsman Group online, by telephone at 877-557-2575, through fax at 606-396-4821, or via mail at FSA Ombudsman Group, PO Box 1843, Monicello, KY 42633.

Federal Work-Study

Federal work-study funding is available to students with unmet need, as determined by the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).To apply, go to

Typically, work-study positions are advertised by the department with a job opening.You must apply through the department with the opening, and you must confirm that you are eligible for Federal Work-Study.If you are offered the position, the Financial Aid Office will determine how much you may earn and the eligibility period.

For additional terms and conditions, please review the job description or check with the financial aid office for specific conditions related to the position.

Veteran/Military Benefits

Career Development and Personal Enrichment Classes

Qualified, active duty military, reserves, National Guard, and veterans receive free tuition for Career Development and Personal Enrichment Classes. The individual is responsible for books and any student fees.

In order to be eligible for the discount, an individual must currently be a member of the armed forces or have received an honorable discharge from the armed forces. One of the following military documents is needed:

  1. Valid, current military ID
  2. Department of Defense Form DD-214 indicating an honorable discharge
  3. Valid, retired Military ID
  4. A veteran-designated driver’s license
  5. Veteran Health Insurance card

VA Student Handbook

Academic progress policies for VA Benefits.

All students must turn in a complete Evaluation of Previous Training and Credit Form to the Financial Aid Office before the Veteran Benefits will be certified. Your instructor will help you to complete this form.

A list of Career Majors that are eligible for VA Benefits.

To apply for Veteran Benefits (the GI Montgomery Bill), apply through the Veterans Regional office in Muskogee (1-800-827-1000). These benefits are intended to provide educational support for veterans. Most educational benefits are paid in the form of a monthly stipend.

© 2018 Francis Tuttle Technology Center
12777 N. Rockwell Ave Oklahoma City, OK 73142 • Phone 405.717.7799