About this Major
This major includes additional ASE entry level certifications students can earn. In addition to the required courses, students then select two of five electable courses to complete this major.
Many tasks performed by Automotive Service Technicians require detail-oriented, hands-on work. For success in this career, technicians must be able to work well independently and as a team member.
Technicians must be able to adapt to new technologies and methods for repairs. In addition, employers expect a clean and neat appearance, a good driving record, and a clean background check that displays professionalism.
ASE Entry Level Certification in the following:
- Electrical/Electronic Systems
- Engine Performance
- Engine Repair
- Heating & Air Conditioning
- Manual Drive Train & Axles
- Steering and Suspension
- Maintenance and Light Repair
Snap-on Certification in the Following (Rockwell only):
- Scan Tool Certification
- Digital Volt Ohm Meter 604 Certificatoin
- Battery Starting & Charging Systems Certification