About this Major
Early Care and Education Master Teacher students learn how to instruct and implement child development plans in order to teach others or instruct childcare employees. Students learn about lesson planning, child behavior, and how to promote positive relationship building in the classroom, in addition to methods of passing that information onto others in the childcare profession.
Graduates find successful careers at daycares, in pre-school classrooms, in private homes as nannies, in church daycares and nurseries, or after school care in public schools.
The work environment for Early Care and Education Master Teacher graduates is fast-paced and ever-changing. Childcare workers perform their job both indoors and outdoors in all types of weather. Child care can be physically demanding, and often workers must be able to stand for long periods of time, sit and crawl on the floor with children, and lift children and furniture up to 50 pounds.
- Child Development Associate
- Oklahoma Department of Career and Technical Education Infant/Toddler Child Care Provider
- Oklahoma Department of Career and Technical Education Master Teacher
- Oklahoma Department of Career and Technical Education Child Care Director
- CPR/First Aid Certification
- Oklahoma Department of Career and Technical Education Early Education Pathway to National Credential
- Praxis ParaProfessional Assessment
- Early Childhood Care and Education
This career major's curriculum meets the professional licensure requirements for Oklahoma but may not meet the licensure requirements for other states.
Prior to beginning class, all students must obtain an OSBI Criminal Background Check. This check must be free of any criminal activity involving violence against a person; child abuse or neglect; possession, sale or distribution of illegal drugs; sexual misconduct; gross irresponsibility; or disregard for the safety of others. All students must provide documentation annually that the health training requirements are met. Adult students must have a high school diploma or GED to enter the program.