The seminar will cover a wide range of topics including Yellow Book revision, self-insurance, finance, fraud prevention, closing with a panel discussion around how COVID-19 has affected local government. Accounting and auditing professionals from Arledge & Associates, along with other guest speakers, will lead the sessions.
- Jeremy Johnson - "The 2018 Yellow book revision" - Perceive critical concepts involved in applying the 2018 Yellow Book
- Jake Winkler - "Self-Insurance - Common Pitfalls and Proper Accounting"
- Jim Denton - "Finance That Matters" - Refocusing your government on finance that matters based off 5 case studies, guidelines, and best practices
- Marcy Twyman - "Balancing the Budget during Economic Downturns" - The next 12 – 18 months will be challenging for governments in balancing their budgets. Learn strategies for reducing costs and enhancing revenues during these unprecedented times.
- LaDonna Sinning – “2020 Fraud Update” - Discuss the latest thoughts on fraud prevention and detection
- Panel Discussion - "COVID-19 - One of the many issues affecting local governments in Oklahoma"
Date: Wednesday, July 8, 2020
Time: 8 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Cost: $25 per person
A virtual meeting link will be sent via email to enrolled participants one day prior to the session.
This class has been brought to you by: