Financial Aid

Financial Aid

We are excited you are considering Francis Tuttle Technology Center to further your education. Whether you are looking to change careers, update your skills or train to earn industry certifications, we have the training you're looking for. The Admission process may be completed in one stop, with several options for financial assistance available. You may contact the Financial Aid Office at 405.717.4315 or Office hours are Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

Applying for Financial Aid

To apply for Federal Student Aid, Oklahoma state grants, and other need-based aid, you must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for each school year you are enrolled. You are encouraged to complete this application as soon as possible after it becomes available on October 1 preceding the school year. This application uses a federal calculation to determine your family's ability to pay for your education. After you complete the FAFSA, you will receive a Student Aid Report (SAR) with your results, including your Expected Family Contribution (EFC). The EFC is the figure the Financial Aid Office uses to determine how much and what types of aid you may be eligible to receive. Please review your SAR to make sure the information is correct. If you listed Francis Tuttle as a school on your FAFSA, we will receive the same information that was on your SAR. The school code for Francis Tuttle is 015702. For information on how to complete the FAFSA through the FAFSA Mobile App, we encourage you to watch this video.

After review of your FAFSA results, the Financial Aid Office will send you a letter requesting any additional documents (e.g., signed tax returns, W-2's, etc.) required. If any corrections need to be made, the Financial Aid Office will update your FAFSA and determine your eligibility for Federal Student Aid and state grants. The Financial Aid Office will provide you with an Award Notification that shows all the financial aid you are eligible to receive.

Award Notification

Your award notification will provide you with the award amounts and the estimated payment period dates that your financial aid covers. Francis Tuttle participates in several grant and scholarship programs, but we do not offer  Federal Work-Study or student or parent loans. See more information about the types of financial aid you may be eligible to receive.

General Eligibility Requirements

To receive funding from any of the federal or state student aid programs, you must meet all of the following criteria:

  • Be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen
  • Demonstrate financial need through the FAFSA
  • Have a high school diploma or its recognized equivalency (e.g., the GED), or complete homeschooling at the secondary level
  • Be pursuing a certificate in a program (career major) which has been approved for Title IV eligibility
  • Maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress in your program
  • Certify funds will be used for educational purposes through the FAFSA
  • Not be in default on a previous loan or owe a repayment on any grants


See information on how withdrawing from your academic program will impact your Federal Student Aid. For additional information on how withdrawing impacts your tuition, visit the Cost to Attend webpage.

Dependency Status

Dependent students must include the information for their parent(s) on the FAFSA. Please keep in mind that you must be able to answer "yes" to at least one question in Step 3 of the FAFSA to be considered independent, even if you are self-supporting and file your own taxes. If you have no contact with your parents and don't know where they live, or if you've left home due to an abusive situation, fill out the FAFSA form and immediately contact the Financial Aid Office at 405.717.4315 to set up an appointment to discuss your situation.

If your legal parents are married to each other or live together, you should report information about both parents on the FAFSA. Your legal parents are your biological or adoptive parents, or your parents as determined by the state, i.e., if the parent is listed on your birth certificate. If the parent whose information you report on the FAFSA is remarried, you should also include the step-parent's financial information. Additional information on which parent(s) information to include on the FAFSA

Special Circumstances

The FAFSA uses the tax information from the two years prior to your school year. We understand that your financial circumstances may change in the interim. If you feel the FAFSA does not represent your current income situation, you may contact the Financial Aid Office at 405.717.4315 to set up an appointment to discuss your financial situation. You will need to provide the Special Circumstances Form with all the documentation to substantiate your current income. For example, if you, your spouse, or a parent (for dependent student) is unemployed, you may need to provide documentation of the last date of employment, the unemployment benefit statements, and a recent pay stub showing your year-to-date earnings.

Contact Information

Below are the individuals who can assist with financial aid information. The office hours are typically Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

Andrea Kee, Financial Aid Assistant 405.717.4315

Casey Blair, Financial Aid Specialist (Students A-M) 405.717.4379

Carrie Knightly, Financial Aid Specialist (Students N-Z) 405.717.4295

Kurt Grau, Director of Financial Aid 405.717.4315